Advanced Learner Loan
These loans are designed specifically to help you to pay your tuition fees for our Level 3 courses. It’s easy, quick and simple to apply, your household income isn’t taken into account and there’s no credit check. You won’t have to pay anything back until your income is over £25,000 a year.
To qualify you must be:
• Aged 19 or over for courses commencing in the academic year.
• Living in the UK on the first day of your course and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before this, and you must be classed as 'settled' in the UK.
• Enrolling on an eligible course at level 3 and above.
Applying is really quick and easy
You can apply for a loan for courses starting now
Is a loan right for me?
It's vitally important you consider your own circumstances and look into all options for paying for your course before choosing to take out a loan. It needs to work for you.
How much can I borrow?
The minimum loan amount is £300, up to the full amount you are being charged for your course. If you wish to take out a partial loan and pay some of the fees yourself, then that’s fine.
What items are not included in the advanced learner loans?
All learners are required to wear a professional uniform to attend the vocational courses with the practical element. You will need a kit for some of the courses. Kit requirements will be given to you before you apply. Those learners attending the Certificate in Education and Training can attend wearing professional business wear.
What items are included in the advanced learner loans?
All tuition fees, exam board registration fees, exam fees and theoretical course notes.
I’d like to study more than one course. How many loans can I apply for?
You can apply for up to a maximum of four loans at any one time.
How do I pay it back?
• Your monthly repayments will be only ever based on your income
• You will only start making repayments the April AFTER you finish your course and when your income is more than £25,000 per year
• You'll only pay back 9% of any income above £25,000 a year Examples of repayments:
|Gross income each year before tax||Gross monthly salary||Gross amount repaid|
|up to £25,000||£2,083.33||£0|
All above monthly payments are taken at 'wage source' so you need never worry about making your payments.
For any reason, if your wage ever falls below £25,000, you immediately stop repayments.
Talk to our coordinator on 01782 646346 who will be able to advise you further.
* Providing you meet the Advanced Learner Loan eligibility requirements. For more information please call us and/or visit www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan.