Full funding is available for this qualification via an advanced learner loan*
Course: VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
Qualification Number: 500/8966/3
Funding available: Advanced Learner Loan
Value of course: from £3345.00
Timescale: Learner Loan: 20 weeks (1 day per week)
The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology is a substantial vocational qualification that will prepare you for a career as a nail technician. This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 years or over and will support you to gain employment as a nail technician, as the units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role.
This qualification is approved and supported by the Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA), the standard setting body for hair, beauty, nails and spa qualifications.
Throughout this qualification you will develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology, health and safety, client care and nail products and equipment. You will develop a range of technical skills enabling you to provide a variety of nail enhancement treatments using different techniques. You will also develop interpersonal skills that will assist you to communicate effectively with clients.
Delivery of this qualification is classroom based with opportunities for you to demonstrate your competency on a provided client base in a realistic working environment.
This is a vocational qualification and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a nail technician including, 6 mandatory units covering the following:
• Provide manicure treatments
• Provide pedicure treatments
• Apply and maintain nail enhancements
• Client care and communication in beauty related industries
• Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
• Maintaining personal health and well-being
You will also have the opportunity to further develop your understanding and skills by selecting a number of optional specialist units which include:
• Promote products and services to clients in a salon
• Airbrush designs for nails
• Design and apply nail art
• Enhance nails using electric files
• Display stock to promote sales in a salon
The structure of this qualification provides you with the flexibility to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills required to become a nail technician.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
This qualification will prepare you for employment as a nail technician. You will also be eligible to join a professional association and gain insurance as a nail technician. Career opportunities as a nail technician exist in a variety of contexts, including:
• Working in a commercial nail salon
• Working in a retail concession 'nail bar'
• Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
Funding is available for this course via an advanced learner loan.*
Additional requirements if accessed via apprenticeship funding:
Learners undertake this qualification as part of an apprenticeship will also be required to complete:
• Transferable Skills such as Functional Skills English & Functional Skills Math
• ERR - Employee Responsibilities and Rights
• PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
How to enrol
Call: 01782 646346
* Providing you meet the Advanced Learner Loan eligibility requirements. For more information please call us and/or visit www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan.
OTHER COURSES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
CIDESCO - THE ULTIMATE BEAUTY DIPLOMA
Diploma | Full Time | Nantwich
VTCT LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN NAIL SERVICES
Level 3 | Part Time | Crewe
VTCT LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN BEAUTY THERAPY MASSAGE
Level 3 | Part Time | Crewe