Full funding is available for this qualification via an apprenticeship or an advanced learner loan *
Course: VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services
Qualification Number: 500/9078/1
Funding available: Advanced Learner Loan
Value of course: from £2583.00 (Learner Loan)
Timescale: Learner Loan: 20 weeks (1 day per week)
The primary outcome of the VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services is to confirm your competence in the job role of nail technician. All the units in this qualification relate directly to the specific job role of a nail technician. This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 years or over and will support you to gain employment as a nail technician, as the units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role.
This qualification is approved and supported by the Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA), the standard setting body for hair, beauty, nails and spa qualifications.
Throughout this qualification you will develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology, health and safety, client care and nail product knowledge. You will develop a range of technical skills in nail enhancements, using a variety of different products, tools and techniques. You will also develop interpersonal skills that will assist you to communicate effectively with clients.
Delivery of this qualification is classroom based with opportunities for you to demonstrate your competency on a provided client base in a realistic working environment.
Entry onto this qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 2 qualification in beauty therapy and/or previous attainment of Manicure and Pedicure unit accreditation
This is a vocational qualification and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a nail technician including 3, mandatory units covering the following:
• Enhance and maintain nails using UV gel
• Enhance and maintain nails using liquid powder
• Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
You will also have the opportunity to further develop your understanding and skills by selecting a number of optional specialist units which include:
• Enhance and maintain nails using wraps
• Plan and create nail art designs
• Develop a range of creative nail images
• Airbrush designs for nails
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
• Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
• Prepare and finish nail overlays using electric files
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
This qualification will prepare you for employment as a nail technician. You will also be eligible to join a professional association and gain insurance as a nail technician. Career opportunities as a nail technician exist in a variety of contexts, including:
• Working in commercial nail and beauty
• Working in a retail concession / nail bar
• Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
Funding is available for this course via an advanced learner loan.*
Additional requirements if accessed via apprenticeship funding:
Learners undertake this qualification as part of an apprenticeship will also be required to complete:
• Transferable Skills such as Functional Skills English & Functional Skills Math
• ERR - Employee Responsibilities and Rights
• PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
How to enrol
Call: 01782 646346
Email: [email protected]
* Providing you meet the Advanced Learner Loan eligibility requirements. For more information please call us and/or visit www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan.
OTHER COURSES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
CIDESCO - THE ULTIMATE BEAUTY DIPLOMA
Diploma | Full Time | Nantwich
VTCT LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN NAIL TECHNOLOGY
Level 3 | Part Time | Crewe
VTCT LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN BEAUTY THERAPY MASSAGE
Level 3 | Part Time | Crewe